Cully Automation are an Irish process control, automation and instrumentation company. They offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale process automation and are industry leaders in the field of automation. Cully Automation offer services into various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
Cully Automation are currently recruiting for a Project Manager with electrical, PLC/SCADA and Automation experience for our Automation & SCADA department. The full time and permanent role will be based at the Leixlip office, reporting to the Delivery Manager and may include some travel from time to time. This position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the clear planning and delivery of projects working with delivery team to support the initiation, tracking, managing, reporting and delivery of all projects within the EICA portfolio. The appointed Project Manager will also be responsible for overseeing the portfolio of the projects delivery and required to work with other PMs, Lead Engineer with team of Engineers and Electricians.
The PM is responsible for coordinating and managing a portfolio of projects ranging in value, timescale and complexity. The PM should be able to identify, manage, and mitigate individual projects, programmes or cross-programme risks and issues to facilitate the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects. The PM is responsible for planning, monitoring the project status including project milestones and project invoicing.
- Execution of the PM process, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organisations project activity
- Be customer focused and projects are scheduled and delivered as per agreed milestones
- Drives the delivery of the project through active leadership and involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost, and quality requirements, and maximise benefit delivery.
- Integral part of the team of project management professionals and ensures compliance to standards, policies, and processes.
- Guides and plans a high performing, collaborative, delivery team in cooperation with the Resource Manager.
- Monitors performance across projects within the portfolio to enable tracking of the strategy execution and provides updates to senior management.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, coordinates project stakeholders effectively and may also act as support representative in key governance and decision meetings.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated
- Ensures each project in his/her portfolio is delivered to expected timelines and within approved budgets.
- Provides education in PM method, process & tools
- Contributes to Project Closure activity, particularly Lessons Learned & Re-use
- Reviews project status & outlook regularly throughout the Project Lifecycle, provides advice, support and guidance to the PM team throughout
- Responsible for Project Changes and Change management
- Ensures each project is managed from beginning to end including unexpected events, site general performance, and overall progress against plan.
- Ensure project records including health and safety records are maintained for full life of project.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Associated Engineering Degree and equivalent work experience.
- Qualification in Project Management methodology – PRINCE 2/PMI/Lean
- ITIL certification
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing automation, IT infrastructure or bespoke IT projects with overall 10+ years of industry experience including Site Management
- Experience on delivery of Automation, Telemetry, radio communication projects in water/wastewater environment is an added advantage.
- Understands the need to provide clarity of direction whilst balancing resources, costs, scope, risk and timescales.
- Significant business experience using various project and program management methodologies in a variety of environments.
- Proven ability to lead dispersed teams and can demonstrate team building skills
- Focused on delivery and finding ways to move the project forward
- Strong communicator and influencer at every level – can bring all stakeholders with them.
- Ability to stand up for best practice
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business practices
- Full, clean driving licence
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
What We Offer
Cully Automation Ltd is committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as 3% pension contribution, Income Protection Insurance, Death in Service Benefit, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (for applicable roles), bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements, bonus scheme (for applicable roles) and many more.
Cully Automation is an expanding Irish business that encourages career development and progression of their workforce. The successful candidate will develop the skills to provide professional service in both workshop and field-based environments.