Automation Engineer (Service Operations)
Cully Automation are an Irish process control, automation and instrumentation company. They offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale process automation and are industry leaders in the field of automation. Cully Automation offer services into various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
The Automation Engineer in the Service team will be initially working on service jobs and projects with an experienced automation engineer but will ultimately transition to the service team supporting clients throughout the country. The candidate should have strong debugging skills with electrical and computer knowledge, and the ability to deal with customer queries.
This full time and permanent role will be based at the Leixlip office, reporting to the Service Lead and will include travel as part of the role. This position is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
- Take responsibility in control and automation changes to the water and wastewater industry
- Programming, testing and control of PLC/HMI control systems
- Configuring of industrial routers and GSM modems
- Configuring and troubleshooting HMI
- Installation, implementation testing and commissioning of upgrades to control and SCADA systems
- Implementation of telemetry systems and PLC interfacing
- Testing of control panels and automation systems including FAT and SAT
- Reactive, scheduled and remote support to customers, trouble shooting and operation of all automation control products.
- Working with and troubleshooting networking (Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus RTU/TCP)
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to define requirements of a job.
- Define scope and implement small projects.
- Specify, install and commission new equipment as required.
- Identify any root cause of automation faults / breakdowns and prioritise corrective measures to meet the operational requirements.
- Ensure all work is compliant with relevant health and safety guidelines on time and within budget
- Modification and repair of Telemetry systems
- Work on own initiative on smaller projects and work as part of a team on larger projects
- Liaise with system vendors to source automated solutions
- Provide technical support to existing customers
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Degree Level 8 in Engineering – Electrical, Automation and Control or qualified Electrician with Automation qualification
- 5 years’ post qualification experience and strong interest in automation engineering
- PLC Programming experience (ABB, Emmerson – Bristol , Allen Bradley, Schneider, Unitronics, Siemens)
- SCADA experience ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC
- Previous experience in technical/hand on role and working with electrical equipment
- Strong understanding of industrial control systems, willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
- Previous experience with Telemetry systems
- Previous experience with GSM modems and Industrial Routers
- Previous experience with HMI troubleshooting and configuration
- Previous experience with Industrial networking (Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus RTU/TCP)
- Previous relevant experience in water/power systems an advantage and instrumentation/measurement experience a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Ability to show initiative and complete out on assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
- In addition to problem solving, project management ability is essential
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
- Full, clean driving licence
What We Offer
Cully Automation Ltd is committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as 3% pension contribution, Income Protection Insurance, Death in Service Benefit, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (for applicable roles), bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements, and many more.
Cully Automation is an expanding Irish business that encourages career development and progression of their workforce. The successful candidate will develop the skills to provide professional service in both workshop and field based environments.