Cully Automation are an Irish process control, automation, and instrumentation company. We offer a full spectrum of services to the customers from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale Process Automation and Data Management systems.
Cully Automation are currently recruiting for a SCADA Engineer. This full time and permanent role will be based at the Leixlip office, and the position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
The SCADA Engineer provides implementation and maintenance of all SCADA installed systems throughout the country. The successful candidate will work as a part of a member of the EICA department on minor projects and reactive works.
The ideal candidate should have strong debugging skills with a strong computer knowledge, with the ability to deal with customer queries while able to multitask.
The SCADA Engineer will work on significant Telemetry and SCADA Projects. The candidate will be responsible for new builds and the support of the existing telemetry and SCADA infrastructure, also providing ongoing support to our service and project teams. Primarily the post is office based but it is envisaged that the position will require occasional site visits as the SCADA Engineer gains experience and knowledge of the products and install base.
- Configure and build SCADA systems as per customer requirements.
- Graphics and Database Engineering including Historian and reporting systems.
- Configure and test the SCADA systems with PLC’s, RTU’s using industry standard communications.
- Be part of development of Custom-Built Solutions to integrate SCADA Systems
- Working with equipment connected to the SCADA systems such as dataloggers, routers etc.
- Manipulating and working with large datasets.
- Setup of Hardware environment for SCADA platforms.
- Liaising with customers to provide a good working relationship.
- Support Customer requests reactive as well maintenance contracts
- Responsible for support of SCADA systems for troubleshooting, changes to the systems, expansion of the systems and rectification of faults.
- Quality control of each system that is delivered to site.
- Generation of documentation and user manuals.
- Be flexible working with customer requests and resolution of issues
- Pre-arranged out of office hour support activity may be required based on company/customer needs
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Computer Science/Engineering Level 8 Degree or equivalent.
- Experienced in SCADA Systems design
- Strong interest in automation engineering
- SCADA experience on any of the platforms (ICONICS /Intouch/Wonderware/WinCC/Citect SCADA/ONSPEC)
- Understanding of industrial control systems would be an advantage but not essential, willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
- Instrumentation & Measurement experience a distinct advantage
- Experience of working with Windows based computer equipment and technology
- Previous relevant experience in Water/Power Systems an advantage
- Experience with the Azure platform a distinct advantage.
- Experience with SQL Database management.
- Knowledge of VPN and APN networking.
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Ability to show initiative and complete out on assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
- Full, clean driving licence
What We Offer
Cully Automation Ltd are committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as performance related bonus scheme, 3% pension contribution, Income Protection Insurance, Death in Service Benefit, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (depending on the role), bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements and many more.
Cully Automation is an expanding Irish business that encourages career development and progression of their workforce. The successful candidate will develop the skills to provide professional service in both workshop and field-based environments.