Commercial Sales Manager
Cully Automation are an Irish process control, automation, and instrumentation company. We offer a full spectrum of services to the customers from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale Process Automation and Data Management systems.
Cully Automation are currently recruiting for a Commercial Sales Manager for our Sales department. This full time, permanent role will be based at the Glanmire, Cork office, reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing and will include travel. This position is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
The purpose of this role is to negotiate and secure new business for Cully Automation from existing customers across all market segments. The role will involve identification and conversion of new sales prospects at proposed local Authority and Irish Water Facilities along with industrial and commercial sites with a focus on the water and wastewater sector.
He/she will be responsible for developing key relationships with business owners, commercial end users, specifiers and key stakeholders.
The role includes day-to-day responsibility for ongoing and timely customer engagement and opportunity identification, also the collection of key market insights and technical data with a view to developing leads as required. The role will be critical to the implementation and future sales development of the company.
- Build on and maintain the existing long-standing customer relationships to develop and grow sales.
- Develop explore and expand the business within the water and wastewater sector.
- Build and maintain external relationships within the industry to grow market presence and commercial partnerships.
- Identify and convert off framework sales opportunities with large construction contractors.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of our key products and services.
- Negotiate and close contract agreements.
- Proactively and aggressively uncover new business opportunities within the allocated business areas.
- Develop extensive knowledge of assigned national customers and maintain awareness of new developments taking place within the assigned industry.
- Convert new opportunities into orders through proven sales techniques (strategic and tactical)
- Closely manage sales funnel/list of enquiries to ensure they are rated and progress through the system from initial enquiry to order.
- Update all key contacts in CRM and ensure detailed information is logged for each contact.
- Engage closely with the assigned Stakeholders and Public Sector contacts and develop these relationships.
- Liaise with Cully Automation’s Design and Construction sections as required to progress enquiries up to receipt of order.
- Input to & assist with client Meetings & Projects in order to progress projects.
- Liaise with Local Authority Customers on a national basis.
- Meet all appointments scheduled by back office and ensure all required data is captured and logged from meetings
- Operate the Cully Automation trade stand at exhibitions & attend trade shows in assigned areas for fact finding purpose.
- Attendance at other business or client functions as required
- Maintain a good public image and relations in all interfaces
- Provide occasional cover for colleagues in other business sectors.
- Perform other related sales duties as assigned from time to time
- Lead and facilitate Construction and/or Design team meetings with customers and other project stakeholders
- Develop and circulate minutes from every meeting to ensure all agreements have been captured
- Advise customers and specifiers on the use of technologies.
- Obtain relevant commercial information on market to inform development of Sales activity
- Facilitate / participate as required in targeted promotions / campaigns
- Develop offer letters / finalising quotations /SLA’s in conjunction with administration team
- Identify and record reasons for Sales prospects not secured.
- Complete Data Capture from for each new site visited and upload onto CRM system.
- Provide preliminary information to design and Project Management where applicable.
- Provide Monthly Reports to facilitate ongoing Business Development activity.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all current Regulatory standards and Cully Automation policy documents.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- 5 years sales experience
- Good presentation skills, PowerPoint will be used extensively
- Business writing skills critical.
- Adequate technical competence
- Familiarity with relevant water and wastewater infrastructure an advantage, industry connections policies & procedures
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work, good communication and team building skills.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Full, clean driving licence
- Business attire required on all workdays (company suit or similar)
What We Offer
Cully Automation Ltd is committed to its employees and offer strong competitive salaries along with benefits such as 3% pension contribution, Income Protection Insurance, Death in Service Benefit, Learning and Development opportunities, further education, company vehicles (for applicable roles), bike to work scheme, company laptop, company phone, flexible working arrangements, bonus scheme (for applicable roles) and many more.
Cully Automation is an expanding Irish business that encourages career development and progression of their workforce.