Cully Automation are an Irish process control, automation and instrumentation company. They offer a full spectrum of services from the design and install of primary measurement equipment to large scale process automation and are industry leaders in the field of automation. Cully Automation offer services into various vertical markets with current primary focus on water and power industries with a plan to expand into further markets.
Cully Automation are currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer for our EICA department. This full time and permanent role will be based at the Leixlip office, reporting to the EICA Projects Manager and may include some travel from time to time. This position is subject to a 6 month probationary period.
The Automation Engineer will be initially working on large utilities projects with an experienced Engineer, but will ultimately transition to the projects team supporting clients throughout the country. The candidate should have strong debugging skills with electrical and computer knowledge, and the ability to deal with customer queries.
- Assist in control and automation designs for projects related to the Water and Wastewater industry
- Preparation of project documentation including FDS and OMM's.
- Assist Sales Team in the generation of costings for projects
- Responsible for Systems, Software and Electrical Drawings
- Manage all aspects of the control systems within projects and ensure all aspects are completed on time and within budget
- Design and programming of PLC/HMI control systems
- Design and implementation of SCADA systems
- Design and implementation of Telemetry systems
- Testing of control panels and automation systems including FAT and SAT
- Work on own initiative on smaller projects and work as part of a team on larger projects
- Liaise with the clients and Project Managers
- Liaise with system vendors to source automated solutions
- Provide technical support to existing customers
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Degree Level 8 in Engineering - Electrical, Automation and Control
- 5 years’ post qualification experience and strong interest in automation engineering
- PLC Programming experience (Allen Bradley, Siemens, ABB)
- SCADA experience ICONICS, Intouch, Wonderware, WinCC
- Previous experience in technical/hand on role and working with electrical equipment
- Strong understanding of industrial control systems, willing to learn and capable of learning in live project environments
- Previous relevant experience in water/power systems an advantage and instrumentation/measurement experience a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Ability to show initiative and complete out on assigned tasks
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Must be highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate at a variety of levels, coupled with excellent organisation, planning and team building skills
- In addition to problem solving, project management ability is essential
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer relationship management skills
- Full, clean driving licence
What We Offer
Excellent remuneration package including competitive salary and bonus scheme, as well as company vehicle, access to company pension scheme, laptop and phone to the successful candidate.
Cully Automation is an expanding Irish business that encourages career development and progression of their workforce. The successful candidate will develop the skills to provide professional service in both workshop and field based environments.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org